GREEN DRINK BASICS
I love green drinks because they make my body feel fantastic, but I haaaaaate paying $10 for one. I'm a blended kind of gal. I don't dig juicing because fiber is good for you and helps your body digest the sugars in the fruit. I have a Waring Pro blender that I have had for over 5 years, and I love it-no need for a Vitamix unless you really want 1.
- •Make the base.Greens are bitter, so put some citrus in for balance : a grapefruit, a lemon, an orange or a lime. Just remove the peel and chuck it in the blender. Add cold water to just cover the top of the citrus. Pulverize!
- •Add greens and pulverize!!!!!If you're going kale- leave out the ribs. My recommendation would be a baby kale/baby spinach. If you have some parsley, throw that in. Pack the greens in tight, and pack them all the way to the top. Purée or blend on high or whatever your blender's most thug setting is.
- •Go tropical with a sweetening fruit.Here's the step that makes it taste good. Mango and pineapple never fail for me. In my past experience, berries just don't do well in green drinks, and they turn them brown, which is not appealing...but hey, you do you. I always keep coconut, mango, pineapple, and pitaya in my freezer. To keep the sugar low, add a bit at a time. Start with about a handful, and add from there to taste.
- •Going for a long run?Add an avocado! Or chia! Or both! Great fats for sustainable energy!
- •How bout some fiber and omegaaaaas?Ground flax meal or a tablespoon of almond butter or both!
- •The Super SimpleGrapefruit-Spinach-Mango-Done
- •Mojito style!2 or 3 limes, water, spinach and mint, frozen coconut chunks, pineapple or mango
- •The sweetie!Orange, spinach, romaine, mango, pineapple, cherries, local honey
- •Whoyagonnacall?? Coldbuster!Orange, lime, coconut water instead of h20, kale, spinach, parsley, pineapple, pack of emergency-c
- •All Green All DayBase: Lemon, teaspoon of matcha powder, water. Greens: spinach, kale, parsley romaine, peeled cucumber. (Any or ALL...Do you dare?🤓) Sweet: Honeydew melon, glug 'o honey
- •Smooth SailorOrange- to prevent scurvy, water, romaine, micro greens, avocado, banana, mango