IN TONIGHT'S SALAD
Happy Epiphany y'all! I'm hanging with my parents in Louisville, and I'm missing CA, so I thought I'd make them a salad tonight, and everyone was happy at meal's end. Here are the components.
- •Roasted Butternut SquashScoop seeds, slice. Salt and pepper; olive oil. Roast at 400 for 12 minutes each side or until there's some beautiful color on the slices. While the squash cooks, you can assemble the rest.
- •Marinated Lacinato KaleJuice of one blood orange, olive oil, salt, pepper. Derib, rip into bite size pieces, and finish her off with a little rub. *thats what she said.
- •Cooked quinoaPick your poison- I'm a tricolor fan, but it doesn't really matter.
- •Sautéed mushroomsOlive oil, medium heat. Be patient; salt after both sides of sliced mushrooms are chestnutty brown. Pepper. If you're feeling fancy, throw the quinoa into the pan with the mushrooms to season it. Scoop a generous amount onto ever salad
- •Purple carrotsSliced on the bias
- •Goat cheese!Break that shit apart and lick the evidence off your fingers! 😳