BEST TV SHOWS OF 2015
This list could have been three times as long, it's insane how much great TV is out there right now, but here are my 10 favorites of the year.
- 1.Fargo Season 2Good vs Evil. Justice vs the absence of. The Coen themes seen through an entirely unique lens. Dare call it an All Timer season. Best cast.
- 2.Bojack Horseman Season 2Best Netflix has done maybe...ever? So sad, so funny, so unique and soooooo good. Like it's a cartoon but seriously it'll break you.
- 3.Mad Men Season 7Best TV show ever ends, not entirely perfect, but pretty damn close. Draper and company will be missed, but God knows they spent their time here well.
- 4.Big Time in Hollywood FL Season 1The back half of this list is Comedy Central central. But the best they've done for me this year is the killer comedy of Big Time in Hollywood FL. Cinematic and Hilarious in equal measure.
- 5.Rick and Morty Season 2Dan Harmon is a story teller. And let's hope he never quits. Not quite A+ all the way through. But funny, cosmic, and brilliant.
- 6.Veep Season 4Funny show/great show. Both apply. Politics are just as toxic as always in a daring season that shakes up the routine in the funniest/darkest ways yet.
- 7.Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of CampNetflix's best yet. Lives up to the legacy of the film and then some.
- 8.Inside Amy Schumer Season 3/Broad City Season 2Funny women are funny and Comedy Central is still the best.
- 9.Better Call Saul Season 1AMC's breaking bad spinoff developed its own identity fast. And it's not all that surprising when you've got a master like Odenkirk at the center of it.
- 10.Nathan For YouWent back and forth between this and South Park, both shows had what I felt like uneven but ultimate triumphant seasons. But it couldn't not be Nathan for You. While it didn't make me laugh as much as past seasons, it made me think as much as any other show on television. Performance art to the nth degree.