THOUGHTS ON THE NIGHT BEFORE
- •Hits a lot of the same beats as Superbad. Not quite as well, but still a fun flick about growing up and friendship.
- •JoGo plays the real Man Child here, usually he's the put together one. He pulls it off.
- •It's really interesting how celebrities playing themselves has basically become a staple of all Seth Rogen's output.
- •Michael Shannon has really good timing, should do more comedy. Between this and They Came Together he's basically the new Will Ferrel.
- •Jonathan Levine juggles a lot of tones. Lots of slapstick, lots of riffing, lots of physical comedy, lots of real friendship stuff. Never felt like the film struggled shifting gears.
- •Wish the funny funny ladies on screen got more to do. MINDY KALING FOR LIFE.
- •Overall a fun flick that doesn't rank amongst the best of Rogen's output.