WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF 2015?
Let me know your fave of the year!
- •The Things I Say - Joanna NewsomOn an album full a bitter sweet contemplations on love and life, this may be the sweetest. Simultaneously approachable and incredibly dense, too short for its own good.
- •The Blacker The Berry - Kendrick LamarThe value of words in the midst of a war can't be understated. The words of Kendrick Lamar on the angriest song on his excellent meditation on Being Black in America in 2015 are savage and tormented. Deeply personal and resonant in a way few other songs of this year were.
- •C.N.B. - Vince StaplesLike Lamar, Staples also had a fantastic rap album this year, but his lacked the precise specificity and nuance, instead embracing more massive and sweeping deck of themes embracing everything from Ego to Mortality to Masculinity. C.N.B. Is the high point of the album, utterly vital. Infiltrated my brain and stuck there instantly the way only truly great songs do.
- •Josh garrels: ColorsIt's hard to narrow it down to a single song, but dang, this song is great. There's a part in the song that talks about trying to understand the incarnation that gets me choked up nearly every time. Garrels simply says, "It's a mystery."Suggested by @bmc0030
- •Sound & Colour - Alabama ShakesThe first time I heard this song, I was HOOKED. Brittany doesn't even start singing until 1 minute in, and that first minute is amazing. Especially at 0:51, it's 🔥. Hands down, my favourite song of 2015.Suggested by @chermillionaire