Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Here's the SheBelieves Cup Trophy
- •Who is the designer?World-renown designer Gabrielle Rein designed the SheBelieves Cup trophy. Rein oversees and curates all design functions for Society Awards. She is also the Creative Director for Viceroy Creative and has worked with famed designers Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Milly, John Varvatos, and Dolce & Gabbana, as well as brands including Pepsi, Patron, Skyy, Colgate and many more.
- •ussoccer.com: What was your inspiration behind the trophy design?Gabrielle Rein: “My inspiration was to do a contemporary design of a trophy cup. Something that was simple, elegant and abstract.”
We are heading into the final matches of the SheBelieves Cup, the inaugural tournament hosted by the USWNT. Here's how the games have played out thus far...
- •March 3, 2016: Germany vs. France, 1-0The Germany Women’s National Team got a late, second half goal to defeat rival France 1-0 in the first match of the inaugural 2016 SheBelieves Cup at Raymond James Stadium. Game Recap: http://ussoc.cr/1UDda2Y
- •March 3, 2016: United States vs. England, 1-0The U.S. Women’s National Team defeated England 1-0 on a spectacular second-half goal from Crystal Dunn in its first match of the SheBelieves Cup. Game Recap: http://ussoc.cr/1QBLucV
- •March 6, 2016: United States vs. France, 1-0A dramatic stoppage-time goal from Alex Morgan lifted the U.S. Women’s National Team past France 1-0 in front of a record crowd of 25,363 at Nissan Stadium. It was the USA’s second 1-0 win in its second match of the SheBelieves Cup after defeating England on March 3. The USA currently sits atop the tournament standings with six points. Game Recap: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/03/06/22/21/160306-wnt-defeats-france-1-0-at-shebelieves-cup-on-stoppage-time-goal-from-alex-morgan
First things first, check out the redesign of ussoccer.com...
- •FANS AND ATHLETES UNVEIL U.S. SOCCER’S NEW CREST ACROSS SOCIAL SPHERECheck out all of the great fan tweets and Instagram posts about the new crest- http://ussoc.cr/1LEFbVK
- •2016 SHEBELIEVES CUP TAMPA BAY, NASHVILLE, & BOCA RATONEverything you need to know about the SheBelieves Cup- http://ussoc.cr/1Qqk0px
- •U.S. PARALYMPIC TEAM HEADS TO CHULA VISTA FOR TRAINING CAMPThe U.S. Paralympic National Team will head to Chula Vista, California for its second camp of 2016 from March 3-9. Head coach Stuart Sharp named a 16-player roster, including 2015 U.S. Soccer’s Disabled Player of the Year Kevin Hensley. Defenders Steven Bohlemann and Gregory Brigman and midfielder Logan Konkol enter their first Paralympic camp. Read more- http://ussoc.cr/1L7lp5i
The crest has always embodied the spirit of U.S. Soccer. It’s the manifestation of what the team is all about – the representation of our team, our fans, and our country on the world’s stage.
- •With the unveiling of our new crest, U.S. Soccer starts the process of igniting a new beginning that unites our federation and our fans. It represents limitless possibilities for what the sport is today and will become in America.
- •We are always thinking about how to stay progressive and cutting-edge both on- and off-the-pitch. During the last few years, we’ve been focused on developing a new look, and we’ve been collaborating with our partners at Nike to create the best new crest and design for our fans.
- •The crest finds its strength in its simplicity...
What do you think? We'll post the best thoughts :) #OneNationOneTeam
The news, pictures, videos and announcements you can't miss this week!
- •Colombia QuintetWith five head-to-head matches scheduled during a span of 13 weeks, the United States National Teams are on a collision course with Colombia. Raising the stakes, the trio of games on the men’s side carry both Olympic and Copa America Centenario implications. Read more- http://ussoc.cr/1QggOuh
- •U.S. MNT Copa America Centenario Opponent BreakdownFollowing the Copa America Centenario Draw last night, get to know the teams the U.S. MNT will compete against in Group A this summer. Match breakdown- http://ussoc.cr/1QuvdSF
- •U.S. Soccer to Launch Girls' Development Academy in Fall of 2017In an effort to accelerate the development of world-class female players, U.S. Soccer is launching a Girls’ Development Academy Program in the fall of 2017. The Academy will focus on positively impacting the everyday club environments to assist in maximizing female youth player development across the country. Learn more about Girls DA- http://ussoc.cr/1Um0JrX
On Sunday, the Draw for Copa America place all 16 teams into 4 groups, which will compete against each other in a round robin during the first phase of the Copa America tournament, next June. Here they are...
- •Group A: USA (A1), Colombia (A2), Costa Rica (A3), and Paraguay (A4)This group, for the US, is being labeled as the "Group of Death"- similar to the last World Cup- http://ussoc.cr/1QeS1u0 That being said- the USMNT escaped during the World Cup, let's see if they can do it again...
- •Group B: Brazil (B1), Ecuador (B2), Haiti (B3), and Peru (B4)
- •Group C: Mexico (C1), Uruguay (C2), Jamaica (C3), Venezuela (C4)
The win marks the fourth consecutive title in this tournament for the USA which has the longest unbeaten streak in CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying history and an overall 18-0-1 record. The USA earned its berth to the 2016 Olympics by defeating Trinidad & Tobago in the semifinal on Feb. 19. Here's how they got there... #RoadToRio
The Draw for Copa America (which the United States is hosting in June 2016) will be on Univision this Sunday (Feb 21) at 7:30 pm ET. Let us break down how the groups will be selected... #Copa100 #CopaDraw
- •Pot 1- The Group HeadsThis has been public for a while- USA (host), Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina.
- •Pot 2- Higher ranked nations from CONMEBOLColombia, Chile, Ecuador, and Uruguay
- •Pot 3 Qualified nations from CONCACAFCosta Rica, Haiti, Jamaica, and Panama
On Monday the LOC (local organizing committee) announced that Venue Passes would go on sale February 3rd. But many people asked, what the heck is a "Venue Pass" and why are we selling tickets that way? For the full FAQ, visit CA2016.com
- •WHEN CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS?PHASE 1: Copa Venue Passes will go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 12 pm local venue time. Phase 1 will close on Friday, Feb. 19 at 12 pm ET. PHASE 2: Copa Venue Passes will go back on sale Sunday, Feb. 21 at 5 pm ET.
- •WHAT IS A COPA VENUE PASS?A Copa Venue Pass includes a ticket to all the matches played in one particular venue. (Ex: All the matches at Soldier Field in Chicago). It should be noted that the Copa America Centenario Final at MetLife Stadium is NOT included in the NY/NJ Venue Pass.