Breaking Down the Design of the New Crest!
The crest has always embodied the spirit of U.S. Soccer. It’s the manifestation of what the team is all about – the representation of our team, our fans, and our country on the world’s stage.
- •With the unveiling of our new crest, U.S. Soccer starts the process of igniting a new beginning that unites our federation and our fans. It represents limitless possibilities for what the sport is today and will become in America.
- •We are always thinking about how to stay progressive and cutting-edge both on- and off-the-pitch. During the last few years, we’ve been focused on developing a new look, and we’ve been collaborating with our partners at Nike to create the best new crest and design for our fans.
- •The crest finds its strength in its simplicity...
- •A crest with 13 vertical stripes of red and white under a blue field is a traditional American style.
- •7 red and 6 white stripes comes from our flag, demonstrating that the crest is rooted in the history of our nation.
- •Takes the traditional field of blue to celebrate the three most important letters in the vocabulary of our fans, from stadiums to watch parties to the local bar – U.S.A.
- •It no longer features stars. In soccer tradition they are placed above the logo to represent World Cup victories. Our WNT crest will prominently feature the three stars we have earned.
- •Stays true to our nation’s colors with shades of red and blue drawn straight from the flag.
- •The new crest does not include the soccer ball that has been featured in the past. We represent our country both on the field and off.
- •This design embodies the spirit of U.S. Soccer, but it also transcends our teams and the game. It’s uniquely and unmistakably American.