Copa America Draw- Explained!
The Draw for Copa America (which the United States is hosting in June 2016) will be on Univision this Sunday (Feb 21) at 7:30 pm ET. Let us break down how the groups will be selected... #Copa100 #CopaDraw
- •Pot 1- The Group HeadsThis has been public for a while- USA (host), Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina.
- •Pot 2- Higher ranked nations from CONMEBOLColombia, Chile, Ecuador, and Uruguay
- •Pot 3 Qualified nations from CONCACAFCosta Rica, Haiti, Jamaica, and Panama
- •Pot 4- Remaining nations from CONMEBOLBolivia, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela
- •The four group pots will contain four positions each, one from each group, as follows:Pot 5: A1, B1, C1, D1 Pot 6: A2, B2, C2, D2 Pot 7: A3, B3, C3, D3 Pot 8: A4, B4, C4, D4
- •Here's what that looks like...
- •Now the order that they will be selected...
- •Pot 1 & Pot 5- Symbolic pulling out of the hatThese have already been determined, with USA as A1, Brazil as B1, Mexico as C1, and Argentina as D1
- •#2- Pot 4 & Pot 8This will determine A4, B4, C4, and D4.
- •#3- Pot 3 & Pot 7This will determine A3, B3, C3, and D3
- •Last, but probably the most critical- #4 Pot 2 & Pot 6These are some of the most competitive teams in all of South America, and the biggest threat to advancement of the group heads and other members. A2, B2, C2, and D2
- •The selection, visually represented
- •Remember that the Draw will be on Sunday, February 21 at 7:30 pm ET on Univision, and visit CA2016.com for the latest information! #Copa100
- •And Venue Passes (tickets) are still available, but going fast- http://www.ticketmaster.com/Copa-America-Centenario-tickets/artist/2179595?brand=COPASee you next June!