u.s. Soccer Announced the Very First "Shebelieves Cup"!
In March, U.S. Soccer will host a four-team elite international tournament featuring four of the top five ranked women’s national teams in the world join the USA for the SheBelieves Cup. Let us tell you all about it!
- •When will it take place?March 3-9
- •Along with the USWNT, who has been invited to compete?England, France and Germany
- •What is #SheBelieves all about?Conceived and developed by the USWNT players, #SheBelieves is a movement to inspire young girls and encourage them to accomplish all their goals and dreams, athletic or otherwise. The campaign launched in the run-up to the 2015 Women’s World Cup and has grown since then as the team and its fans have taken its powerful message into their communities. The SheBelieves Cup adds a showcase event to the campaign, which will continue to spread its positive message to young women and girls.
- •What about the Algarve Cup?The USA’s hosting of the 2016 SheBelieves Cup, which will be the top four-nation women’s international tournament in the world this year, means the U.S. Women will not attend the Algarve Cup in Portugal, an annual spring tournament it has attended for the past 18 consecutive years and 20 times overall.
- •What will be the tournament's format?U.S. Soccer will pit four of the world’s top-ranked teams in three doubleheaders.
- •Schedule2016 SheBelieves Cup Schedule - Mar. 3 Germany vs. France, Tampa, Fla. 5 p.m. ET - Mar. 3 USA vs. England, Tampa, Fla. 7:30 p.m. ET on FS1 - Mar. 6 USA vs. France, Nashville, Tenn. 2 p.m. CT on ESPN3 - Mar. 6 Germany vs. England, Nashville, Tenn. 4:30 p.m. CT - Mar. 9 France vs. England, Boca Raton, Fla. 5 p.m. ET - Mar. 9 USA vs. Germany, Boca Raton 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN3
- •When/how can I buy tickets?Tickets for all three doubleheaders go on sale to the public Friday, Jan. 15, at 10 a.m. local time through ussoccer.com, by phone at 1-800-745-3000 and at all Ticketmaster ticket centers in the local venue areas.
- •How is the winner determined?The winner of the tournament will be based on total points (three for a win, one for a tie), with the first tie-breaker being overall goal difference, followed by most total tournament goals scored, then head-to-head result and lastly, FIFA Ranking if necessary.
- •As if this couldn't get more awesome...U.S. Soccer will also offer a four-day Girls Fantasy Camp around the second set of matches during the tournament. The Camp will be held in Nashville, Tennessee from March 4-7 and is open to girls born in 2001, 2002 and 2003. or more information and to register, contact fantasycamp@USSoccer.org.