HOW TO GET RID OF OLD ELECTRONICS IN NYC
As of January 2015, electronics can't be discarded in the trash in NYC. So what to do with all this stuff? Here are some options:
- •Retail drop-off programsGoodwill, Salvation Army, Best Buy, and Staples will take electronics.
- •Department of Sanitation's e-cycle programIf you live in an NYC building with more than 10 units, enroll in the Dept of Sanitation's e-cycle program for free pick up in your building,
- •Local recycling eventsHit up events from the Lower East Side Ecology Center and the Department of Sanitation. Details on their websites are updated with new events.
- •Local charitiesThis is a great solution for working electronics like computers and cell phones.
- •Wireless service providersVerizon, AT&T and others will take mobile phones.
- •Everyday recyclingMost appliances and housewares are metal or rigid plastic so can now be recycled with other rigid plastics and metals. Just remove batteries first.