Book Suggestions to Look Into for My Week on a Beach
Choosing beach reads - an important task! These were suggested to me - any to add? I'm not so into fluff, but it's a beach so let's not get too dark.
- •The Expanse - James SA CoreyA sci-fi series recommended by a Twitter friend
- •Selfish, shallow, self-absorbed - edited by Meghan DaumAn series of essays by writers on deciding not to have kids. Recommended by a co-working. Kinda like the idea of reaffirming my life choices while I lie on a beach?
- •I Was Told There Would Be Cake - Sloane CrosleyOr anything by this author. Funny on a beach definitely work! Recommended by a good friend.
- •Something by Katherine MansfieldMy own suggestion. I've only read "Bliss and other stories" but read it many times. She had a couple other collections. Should try to find them.
- •One of Carrie Fisher's novelsI've never read any of them. Loving her in the media these days, she's cutting and smart and funny. Seems like they're worth checking out.