Wildlife I saw today
I'm considering buying property for a cabin in the woods in northern Ontario. Went on an exploratory trip today with my dad. Saw the following:
- •A deerBriefly on the side of the road before it disappeared into the woods. Super cute!
- •Lots of blackfliesLittle baby ones. They don't bite but they swarm you and try to fly in your mouth and up your nose. Super gross!
- •A hawkGliding over a lake. So pretty!
- •A lot of birds I am not knowledgable enough to identifyAlso so pretty!
- •And the best one - a baby moose!!It was still so big!! It ran ahead of us on the road as we crept slowly behind it in the car, before dashing off into the woods. All I got was some blurry photos of its but. I've never seen a moose in the wild before. I am now finally (having been born and raised here) a for reals, authentic Canadian.