10 MOVIES TO WATCH ON THANKSGIVING INSTEAD OF TALKING TO YOUR FAMILY
Written by Rachel Handler. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2015/11/thanksgiving-movie-guide
- •The Squid and the WhaleWhen one of your family members has brought an age-inappropriate love interest to dinner and everybody is uncomfortable.
- •The Source FamilyWhen you’re pretty sure your cousin has joined a cult and is about to recruit everyone over dinner.
- •The Family StoneWhen everybody has run out of things to talk about and the panic is about to set in.
- •Almost FamousWhen you’re unemployed and every conversation begins with, “So what’s next for you?”
- •Fanny and AlexanderWhen your mom introduces you to her new boyfriend, and he is terrible.
- •August: Osage CountyWhen nobody at the table is capable of speaking to each other without things ending in a wrestling match on the dining-room floor.
- •Eyes Without a FaceWhen your brother’s gotten some questionable plastic surgery and everybody is falling all over themselves trying not to mention it.
- •The Royal TenenbaumsWhen you’ve decided to leave your significant other for someone totally inappropriate but are trying to keep it on the D.L. during the holidays.
- •Days of HeavenWhen your sister won’t stop complaining about how your Thanksgiving meal isn’t locally sourced and you don’t have the energy to defend Costco any further.
- •Home AloneWhen you’re a small child and your family accidentally leaves you home alone while they travel across the world and there are two crooks attempting to break into your home and steal your family’s valuables and cause you bodily harm.