5 THINGS WE LEARNED ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT IN THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE COVER STORY.
Written by the one and only @JDuboff
- 1.In Taylor's #girlsquad, dating a friend's ex is . . . totally fine. "... the sisterhood has such a higher place on the list of priorities for us," she says. "It's so much more important than some guy that it didn't work out with."
- 2.Taylor only showed one person the open letter she wrote to Apple, before she posted it: her mother, Andrea. "She's always going to be the one," Swift said.
- 3.Swift's philosophy, when it comes to men: If you're not cool with the fact that her friends come first, don't bother trying to date her. Swift says she was "only open" to dating someone who "would never try to change" her.
- 4.Jay Z was the impetus behind her reconciliation with Kanye West. "I became friends with Jay Z, and I think it was important, for Jay Z, for Kanye and I to get along," she says.
- 5.The two celebrities who have career arcs she could see herself emulating as she gets older? Oprah and Angelina Jolie. "I want to leave a trail of people behind me who had gotten better opportunities because of me . . . or smiled because of me."