GIFTS FOR THE ULTIMATE MAN CAVE
For the sophisticated man, a pitch-perfect shopping guide—from Ping-Pong tables to ballpark blueprints—to help furnish the manliest of caves or the most modest of corners. By Punch Hutton. http://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2015/12/gifts-for-men
- •RUFF NIGHTGolden retriever, black lab, bulldog, Bernese? Whatever the breed—man, will they love this bed. *Le Roar large, 38-inch dog bed in red, $275.
- •HOLE IN ONETemporary respite for when you can’t get out to Merion or Shinnecock . . . *Restoration Hardware Brunswick Ross putting green, $1,995.
- •CARD-CARRYING MEMBERClassic with a twist—perfection. *Thom Browne credit-card wallet, $270.
- •LET’S RALLYYou can have cocktails while playing Ping-Pong. A real gentleman’s “sport.” *Horne RS Barcelona You & Me Ping-Pong table (medium), $4,150.
- •WATCH THISSmart design that evokes the great outdoors. *Bertucci A-5P Illuminated field watch, $380.
- •PACK UPOrange is the new black. *Marc by Marc Jacobs Domo Arigato Packrat, $198.
- •FIELD OF DREAMSFrame the blueprint of your favorite baseball stadium. You can still dream even during the off-season. *Ballpark Blueprints’ stadium drawings of Fenway Park and Wrigley Field (here), among others, starting at $60.
- •CRUISE CONTROLFor getting there on time or for going nowhere fast. *Pedego Classic Comfort Cruiser, $2,295
- •SLEEPYHEADIn this ensemble, it’s totally acceptable for a dapper gentleman to both entertain and sleep. *Sleepy Jones silk Henry pajama shirt, $398; silk Marcel tuxedo pajama pants, $348.
- •BUSINESS ATTIREStyle watchers look at shoes, bags, and timepieces. This leather briefcase is tops. *Berluti Formula 1001 bag in tobacco Venezia leather, $3,900.
- •PAN HANDLERFry it. Burn it. Sear it. However you like your food, it tastes better when cooked in a cast-iron skillet. *Lodge 12-inch cast-iron skillet, $37.
- •CABIN COZYFor the bunkhouse or the beach, you’ll have this blanket forever. *Pendleton Crater Lake National Park blanket, full/$219, queen/$249.