THE TOP 10 BLATANTLY HYPERBOLIC STATEMENTS OF CES 2016
- •"LG innovations make consumers smart, because they make their lives better" — LGBy this logic, One Direction is sending my IQ through the roof.
- •"We care very deeply about the things that matter most to our customers" — TIME WARNER CABLEUnless you count bandwidth or net neutrality or affordable pricing or competition in the marketplace.
- •"We certainly hope to wow you with what's next.” — SONYA camcorder was next.
- •"There is no limitation as to what [this washing machine] can actually do." — LGThis is a very bold claim for a washing machine. Maybe the boldest claim you could make about a washing machine.
- •"[Intel] was able to completely redefine the firework experience" — INTELThey made some fake fireworks using a bunch of drones. Fireworks are still fireworks, until we hear otherwise.
- •"Now let's talk about innovation in front-loading washers!" — SAMSUNGNo, thank you.
- •"It's basically nine deep neural nets nested within itself.” — NVIDIAThis sounds cool, until you realize you don't know what it means and you're not supposed to.
- •"Any other commercial drone out there would have crashed into a tree." — INTELI suspect this is not true!
- •"The smart home is a very interesting area.” — QUALCOMMLol, okay.
- •"The car will be the most important device on the Internet." — VOLKSWAGENLOL