All of My Friends Live in My Phone
Inspired by @BWN_7
- •I'm a WAHMWork-at-home mom, for those of you who aren't part of this subset.
- •I love my job, I love my kids.I made the right choice in wanting to do both. I know this is a temporary thing. I want to soak in as much of my kids' younger years as possible.
- •But there is a downside, and that is loneliness.
- •I try to make it to mommy groups and play dates.They're fine but everyone is distracted by their kids.
- •I try to get the very rare coffee with a friend without the kids.I need to do that more often.
- •But mostly, my interactions with other adults happen through my phone.Which I think is valid.
- •Many of these interactions are with people I know.Texting family and friends.
- •But a lot are also with what I lovingly refer to as my imaginary friends.
- •And that's... You guys!
- •The interactions I have through @list are really fulfilling for me.
- •I often have to stop myself when I'm telling my husband a story about one of you."My friend said..." (Well... My online friend... My List friend? Better than "I read online...")
- •But screw it. You're my friends.And I hope to meet some of you someday. I'm so jealous of all of these meet-ups!
- •Miami meet-up anyone? 🌴First cafecito is on me.