DISHES I CAN MAKE FROM JUST WHAT'S ALREADY IN MY KITCHEN
This is my favorite kind of cooking. The improv.
- •Spaghetti carbonara.A no-brainer. Eggs. Bacon. Spaghetti. Parmesan. If I don't have bacon I substitute ham in its place.
- •Spaghetti and meatballs.Either frozen meatballs or using ground meat from the freezer.
- •Vegan chocolate chip cookies.I am not a vegan but if ever I am out of eggs and need to bake, I can make these: http://m.instructables.com/id/Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-that-Just-Happen-to-be-Vega/
- •Salmon cakes.Or salmon burgers (although that name grosses me out for some reason). I keep canned salmon in the pantry for this reason. If I don't have sour cream, I use yoghurt instead. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2014/01/20/recipe-asian-salmon-cakes/
- •Baked sweet potatoes.I microwave them using the "potato" setting on the microwave (although sometimes it needs extra time). My preschooler loves baked potatoes so I always keep some on hand.
- •Couscous with pine nuts.This side dish seems fancy but it's so easy. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/couscous-with-pine-nuts-recipe.html#!
- •Chicken enchiladasAlways a crowd pleaser. I do some variation on this recipe. http://www.fitpregnancy.com/nutrition/recipes/chicken-enchilada-recipe-avocado-greek-yogurt
- •Ham sandwiches.Desperate times but the kid loves them so we have had these for dinner.
- •Omelettes.But only when my husband is out of town. For some reason he can't stand the idea of breakfast for dinner.
- •Grilled cheese sandwiches.Also when hubby isn't here. Who doesn't like grilled cheese??
- •Turkey burgers.Always in the freezer.
- •Apricot chickenSuggested by @LizDawson
- •Tuna pasta salad.Sounds weird but it's a childhood favorite.just tuna mixed with mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper or any seasoning you like, and the pasta of your choice. Pairs well with Angel hairs, mini shells, or really just about any shape. Also add herbs or veggies if you want to make it a one-dish meal.Suggested by @alimi