EXPECTATION VS REALITY: WATCHING THE THRILLER VIDEO WITH MY SON
- •We've been listening to the Spotify Halloween for kids playlist a lot lately, and one of the highlights is Thriller by the one and only Michael Jackson.
- •My husband and I are huge horror junkies so we were delighted when our 4-year-old asked if he could see a zombie movie with us.He brought us the Day of the Dead DVD from our shelf. We were all "Awwww! Hahahaha but no."
- •But then we thought maybe the Thriller video would be a good compromise.It's a classic, right?
- •But I think my memory of the video had kind of faded, because what we watched took me by surprise.
- •ExpectationYay! Let's dance along!
- •RealityHoly crap! 😱
- •About 10 seconds in, I realized I'd made a HUGE mistake.My son was captivated but his eyes were wide and his breathing was faster.
- •It was too late to turn back.
- •So I remembered my friend, who works in movies and watches a lot of scaryish movies with his little boy.
- •He said the trick is to teach them how the movies are made.
- •So I found an awesome making of movie about Thriller that showed all the behind the scenes stuff and the dancers getting into costume and the rehearsals.
- •I think it helped a lot!We laughed and I pointed out the prosthetics and makeup and compared it to his Halloween costumes.
- •I really hope this helped, because that video is SCARY, y'all!
- •You've been warned.Also this made me giggle. How ridiculous to have to put this caveat at the beginning of the video.
- •Now go watch it because it's amazing.
- •And check out the making of video that comes up in searches too.MJ was truly an amazing artist and his professionalism really shines through in this video.
- •Here's the link to the behind-the-scenes: