I DONATED MY HAIR TODAY 💇
My only 2015 New Year's Resolution was to grow out my hair and donate it. Today was my last chance. So I did it. Thanks to Greg at Hair Cuttery (don't judge my salon of choice- I actually followed Greg from a fancy salon to this cheaper alternative and I now get the same great cuts for less👍)
- •Before pictureThis is the longest I've ever had my hair. I wasn't loving it.
- •I came prepared.I needed at least 8" to donate to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. Locks of Love require 10". As it turns out I had 9" to spare. Both organizations make wigs to help people suffering from hair loss due to things like chemo or conditions such as alopecia (Pantene only makes wigs for cancer patients). It takes about 8 ponytails to make one wig.
- •He tied it into a ponytail.To donate you need to keep the hair in a ponytail and then send it tied.
- •Then he very slowly cut it off.I swear it took a minute and part of me wanted to chicken out and run out with a half long/ half short hair cut.
- •It was done!And then the hair FELL OUT OF THE PONYTAIL. he very quickly put an elastic back on but hat was a close call. If the ponytail and fallen apart it would have all been for nothing because the hair would be unusable.
- •Suddenly my hair looked like a dead animal.I guess it was always dead. But now it was no longer a part of me.
- •My mom loved it.My mother actually hates my hair long and isn't shy to tell me. So this was a win-win for her. Also she was shouting "photobomb" for this picture which was awkward and funny.
- •Of course my baby had to steal the moment.He decided it was time to nurse. This isn't the first time I've nursed him while getting my hair cut.
- •My baby got covered in tiny hair clippings.He didn't care. He was hungry.
- •My baby got distracted by the holiday decorations.Greg raved about them because they're snowflakes BUT THEY'RE ALSO HAIRDRESSER TOOLS. ❄️✂️
- •All done. I like it.It's longer than I thought it would be and I'm glad. I ADORE short hair but couldn't make the jump to pixie just yet.
- •The kids like it too.Even my husband says he likes it.
- •Now to ship it off.Bye bye, hair! Hope you make someone happy!