MY SPIN INSTRUCTOR'S HURRICANE MATTHEW PLAYLIST
I couldn't believe that the gym was even open. It was a surreal experience driving past closed gas stations and lines at Home Depot as people prepare for the storm arriving in FL tonight. I thought spinning would take my mind off things, but instead my teacher made a hurricane playlist! Several people left class early. I'm not saying this is why.
- •Rock You Like a Hurricane - ScorpionsFirst song. A warm up but a heavy one. I stared at my instructor to see if she'd make some hurricane jokes or tell us to stay safe. She didn't do either, which made me wonder if she regretted her playlist. We all powered through this one in true metal fashion.
- •Umbrella - RihannaThis was the second song. It took me a minute to see the connection. But then Ri-Ri chants over and over that "it's raining". It'll be raining alright. But right now let's spin our legs faster!
- •Set Fire To The Rain - AdeleThere very well may be fires in the rain once this storm passes. One girl a few bikes down sang along passionately to this one. Listen for the chorus because that's when we want to hit 90 rpm, people!
- •Here Comes the Rain Again - The EurythmicsA classic. We turned the Torq way up for this and made our legs battle through the heavy song. Everyone out of your saddles, in third position please! Don't worry. After we finish here, we can all board up our houses.
- •There were regular songs peppered though the class too.But that didn't take away the craziness of these four stand out tracks.
- •Now let's hit the showers because we may not have hot water or power for the next couple of weeks!Great class, guys! 🚴♀️🚴🏼♀️🚴🏿♀️