Reasons why I haven't posted in a while
Sorry if you got a notification about this list.
- •I was busy with the kids.Oh summer. I was an unofficial camp counselor to my boys and kept our days full to make the days pass quickly and painlessly. We also played a lot of Pokemon Go so that app took over the phone for a while.
- •I was applying for jobs.So whenever I had the phone to myself I had to fill out applications. (No job yet... Ugh.)
- •Too much time started to pass!And I started to feel like I had to write a phenomenal come back list! No pressure or anything.
- •Those darn notifications.I turned all notifications off because too many people were "coming back" (after only a week or two's absence, mind you) and I was being notified of their return. Then I realized that anything I wrote would be highlighted by the same kind of notification. How mortifying.
- •A new list landscape.I feel like the tone changed. Some serious things have happened in the past 6 months and more so in the past month that have made List a more serious place. Not bad just very different. Also I was sad when I saw some arguments between people I love on this app. (Mommy and Daddy, stop fighting!)
- •My mini viral moment.When my Finding Dory list got attention from the community but also from the general public, it was a very strange experience. The positive attention was nice but the negative comments really affected me because I got to peek behind the curtain at the darkness that can be the Internet. Let's just say that I'm glad I'm not a celebrity.
- •But I still checked in.I would still read and like and comment on lists from time to time. It took a while for me to start doing it regularly though.
- •And recently I've had a couple of list friends check in with me to make sure I was ok.You know who you are and I was surprised and touched. Perhaps it was because of recent events that we feel we need to make sure that we are all ok. And that's a nice thing because we all have our problems. What a special place. Let's just say no one has reached out like this to me on Facebook before. ❤️
- •So I'm back.It's a soft "back" but I'll try to write regularly enough so you don't get any notifications. ❤️