SHAKESPEARE PLAYS I HAVE BEEN IN
I was a founding member of Shakespeare in the Park Miami. I had no experience with Shakespearean acting but once I got into it I loved it so much and gained a new appreciation for the plays. Unfortunately when I tried to reach out to my old high school English teacher to tell him about it, I found out he'd died.
- •Taming of the ShrewI played the little sister, Bianca. I shrieked so loud it almost blew out the mic, and wore knee pads under my hoop skirt for stunts. I also made out with a cute guy for it. My first stage kiss!
- •A Midsummer Night's DreamI played Titania, queen of the fairies. I loved this part. I played it twice.
- •Romeo and JulietI played the prince, as a woman. I wore a big dress but also a chain main head piece (that my husband said looked like a mullet). I loved my monologue and the booming voice I could use for it.
- •Twelfth NightI played Viola. I was nervous on opening night because this was my first big lead. But I loved the part. I wore a fake mustache and a bad Beatlesesque wig.
- •MacbethI played Ross, as a woman. I looked like Xena the warrior princess and got a really cool sword and big fight scenes for it. Incidentally, I was fight captain for the production.