WOMEN'S HEART DISEASE PREVENTION CHECKLIST
February is National Heart Disease prevention month : Take responsibility for managing your cholesterol levels and blood pressure for a heart healthy path for life...
- •Choose a healthy lifestyle> eating a heart healthy diet. Exercising at least 150 minutes of weeks of moderate intensity aerobic physical activity and more than two days a week of muscle strengthening activities. No smoking tobacco!!!
- •Healthy fats> knowing which fats raise LDL cholesterol and which fats don't is the first step in lowering your risk of heart disease. Coconut oil, Olive oil, avocado are among some of the healthy fats. Check out my Instagram for lists and info on a happy healthy lifestyle.
- •Cook heart healthy> eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, fiber rich whole grains, fish, nuts and the games and see.limit your red meats and try to have meals without any meat. ( if you do eat me opt for the leaner cuts) Limit sugar sweetened beverages.
- •Physical Activity > in your 20s it's time to get smart about your heart and put yourself ahead of the curve. The things you do and don't do are the telltale signs of how long and how well you're going to live. You start by having physical activity every day using every muscle in your body every week.
- •No your family history, having a relative with heart disease increases your risk, and more so if the relative is a parent or a sibling.
- •Maintain a healthy weight and tame your stress. Long-term stress causes an increase in heart rate and blood pressure that may damage the artery walls
- •Don't rush off snoring, listen to your sleeping partners complaints about your snoring. Mild sleep apnea is a contusion that causes pauses in breathing during sleep.it can contribute to high blood pressure heart disease and stroke.
- •In your 40s and 50s you need to take extra steps by eating a super healthy diet and getting regular health check up on your cholesterol and blood pressure. Don't forget to exercise.
- •In your 60s it's a good idea to have a Ankle-Brachial Index test as part of your yearly physical exam. Watch your weight your body needs fewer calories and eat nutrient rich foods.
- •Check out the next list which will be the warning signs of a heart attack and also heart attack signs in women. Hopefully these Liz might save your life or someone close to you