Everyone Can Be an Opera Buff. Here Are 7 Steps to Get Started.
To a lot of people, opera might seem daunting or even dull. But it doesn't have to be that way. Opera can be fun, audacious, and actually gloriously stupid if you read any of the plots. Full story: http://bit.ly/1Ka7L0a
- 1.Pick your first opera for maximum fun, not for what the curriculum says
- 2.Your seat doesn't have to be expensive to be good
- 3.Listen to the music and Wikipedia the plot
- 4.Hit the bathroom before it starts
- 5.Don't worry about the dialogue
- 6.Appreciate the things that make opera like a Broadway show on steroids
- 7.Talk about it. And get more people to come.