Republican Fight Night: Wait, Who Are All These People?
The third Republican presidential debate, which is tonight at 8 pm Eastern, will be aired live on CNBC. Want to learn more about tonight's lineup? Watch the full video: http://bit.ly/1GxF6Ro
- •Donald Trump | The Donald Bio: Real estate guy turned reality TV host turned quasi-politician Mission: Be controversial enough to continue dominating TV coverage, but not so controversial as to lose his high poll numbers.In the polls: 26.8%
- •Ben Carson | The new frontrunner? Bio: Neurosurgeon, author Mission: Carson has surged ahead of Trump in some recent polls. Now he needs to show that he can handle the spotlight with every other candidate gunning for him.In the polls: 22.0%
- •Marco Rubio | A New Hope Bio: Senator from Florida Mission: To remind everyone he’d be most likely to beat the democrats, and take Jeb Bush’s establishment support.In the polls: 9.0%
- •Jeb Bush | The Heir Not-So-Apparent Bio: Former governor of Florida Mission: His campaign is flailing amidst sinking poll numbers and staff cuts. He needs to show his donors he can somehow turn it around.In the polls: 7.0%
- •Ted Cruz | The Radical Bio: Cuban-American right wing Senator from Texas Mission: To become the mainstream, but still very conservative, alternative to Trump and Carson.In the polls: 6.6%
- •Carly Fiorina | The CEO Bio: Former CEO of Hewlett Packard Mission: Fiorina gained in the polls after a strong performance in the first debates, but her momentum has dissipated. Can she get it back?In the polls: 5.8%
- •Mike Huckabee | The Huckster Bio: Former Governor of arkansas Mission: To get more people on his e-mail list to sell bogus nutritional supplements to.In the polls: 3.8%
- •Rand Paul | The Freedom Fighter Bio: Senator from Kentucky Mission: To remind Republicans he exists.In the polls: 3.4%
- •John Kasich | Who? Bio: Governor of Ohio, 90s Congressman Mission: Vice President, probablyIn the polls: 2.6%
- •Chris Christie | The Has-Been Bio: Governor of New Jersey Mission: Wildly hope America forgets about the bridge thingIn the polls: 2.4%
- •And don't forget the JV squad. At 6pm, the candidates without 1% support started to debate: Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, George Pataki, Lindsay Graham.