The Refugee Crisis: 9 Questions You Were Too Embarrassed to Ask
The world is experiencing a refugee crisis more severe than anything it has seen in decades. Refugees are fleeing countries from Honduras to Nigeria to Myanmar and are arriving in wealthy and poor countries. Below are 9 questions you may have wondered about the crisis. If you don't know the answer to any of them, follow the link to our explainer.
- •What is a refugee crisis?
- •Why are there so many refugees right now?
- •Why is there a war in Syria, and why is it so terrible?
- •Why is the journey so dangerous?
- •Why are Western countries making it so difficult for refugees to come?
- •Why is Europe so unwelcoming to the refugees?
- •Why isn't America taking more Syrian refugees?
- •What's the difference between refugees and migrants?
- •I want to help. What can I do?