WIRED STAR WARS CHALLENGE, DAYS 156-162
For the seemingly interminable wait until Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters, we’re helping pass time by giving you daily challenges related to everyone’s favorite universe. See our complete list, which started on May the 4th, at: http://wrd.cm/1L36mUf
- •Get out that old Nintendo 64 or boot up an old version of Windows to play Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
- •Hockey season is starting up so admire the lovely pop-culture stylings of Geeky Jerseys. When you find one you like, order it—then send us a photo.
- •Step 1: Dig up a childhood photo of you in a Star Wars costume. (Extra points if it was hand-made.) Step 2: Reminisce.
- •Get creative and write a haiku in Ewokese. Once it’s perfected, post it on Twitter.
- •Michael Giacchino will be working alongside John Williams for the score of The Force Awakens, and he already did the background scoring for the updated Star Tours ride. Take today to listen to some of his other great work for Lost, Up, and The Incredibles.
- •Track down “A New Hope,” the episode of That ‘70s Show that centers on Eric seeing Star Wars for the first time. The series hasn’t aged that well, but the feeling of a burgeoning cultural phenomenon is one thing that still resonates.
- •There are 10,000 gold chrome-plated C-3PO Lego minifigs in the world, which were randomly distributed into Star Wars playsets to celebrate the franchise’s 30th anniversary. Track one down and take a picture.