A few of my favourite history books as I remember it on 30/01/17.
Not archaeology that's for a further list and not historical fiction again another list. I have left this open for people to please add your suggestions!!! love new reads.
- •"Rubicon" Tom HollandThe die is cast!
- •"Tea addiction exploitation and empire" Roy MoxhamWhat Brits will do for tea!
- •"Nathaniel's Nutmeg" Giles MiltonWhat the Dutch will give away for Nutmeg.
- •"The isles" Norman DavisA true glorious door stop of a history
- •"The Rifles" Mark UrbanReal life Sharp
- •Herodutos historiesFather of history or Father of Lies (alternative facts)
- •'Dynasty' Tom HollandBoy did this family have problems
- •The Venerable Bede "The Ecclesiastical History of the English People"He is called the Venerable need I say more.
- •"Russian Roulette" Giles MiltonThe writer of Swallows and Amazons was a spy
- •"A History of Rome" Cary and ScullardMore a reference book but bless it got me through a level ancient history.
- •"Roman Britain" SalwayEverything you would ever need on Roman Britain
- •"The decline and fall of the Roman Empire" GibbonTruely historic book in its own right.