Favourite cycling races that are not the Tour de France
@andersun for the first list from my 100 list suggestions I went with your cycling suggestion. in no particular order.
- •Paris-RoubaixThe cobbles, the dust/mud, the crashes and boy is it long the greatest of the day classics. I would put the other day classics in here as well but this is the one that stands out to me.
- •Vuelta de EspanaIt in Spain it's a Grand Tour. I love Spain I love the mountains. It comes at the end of a hard year of races you have to be particularly tough to win.
- •Tour de YorkshireIt a new race on the calendar it reminds me of the great day when the Tour de France came to the UK and set Yorkshire on fire for cycling. I love the fact they use 'de' in the title. It has soul which the tour of Britain sadly lacks.
- •Criterium du dauphineYou can start to identify contenders for that years tour de France. But is a cracking little stage race in its own right.
- •Giro de ItaliaSorry call me popularist but I love the 3 week Grand tours. The Giro with the highest mountains home of the pure climbers. You have to love the moment when a climber gets off his seat and dances up the mountains of Italy. And the toughest of them all wears pink.
- •😢 Sorry @andersun still love the Tour de France the most.It's the summit (pardon the pun) everyone their should be on their A game and gives us the most iconic moment in sports.