Reasons I love the Tour de France and road race cycling.
this is to watch obviously if God had wanted me to ride a bike he would have given me wheels. (I have a mountain bike currently blocked into my garage )
- •The TDF is the greatest stage road race in the world.
- •There are huge crowds lining the roads waiting for a seconds glimpse of their heros
- •The competition is so wonderful. Can the leading riders out wit each other over weeks of racing.
- •It's a team sport! Many think it's about individuals but you need a team to win and how you use the team gets you a tactical advantage.The sacrifice of the humble domestic rider for their leader is truly inspirational
- •The mountains, man and bike fighting up the steepest of gradient in EuropeThat moment when a GC contender attacks on the mountain is one of the great moments in sport.
- •The mountain decents are fast and treacherousHigh speed jaw dropping action for a few seconds advantage
- •The sprintsThe chaos and pression of a TDF sprint is a true thing of beauty with only the bravest winning.
- •The different jerseysYellow overall winner Green the best points normally a sprinter Red poker dots. The king of the mountains
- •Cross winds and crashesThings like change I'm wind direction or a poorly timed crash can change how the race is won and lost.
- •Supporting it is a exclusive but friendly clubOf you have made it past the drug scandals the poor media coverage and have followed it for a number of years. You are in an exclusive club of people who love and follow it. List app is the Tour de France of social media (hopefully without the drigs)