Shhhh don't tell them over the Pond to watch these comedies we want to keep them to ourselves.
@pili_ervin inspired this list by his list recommending 'The Detectorists' and asking if there are any other comedies we are keeping secret. I am just focusing on modern ones there are plenty of old ones worth listing about too please other British listers add to this list.
- •Gavin and StaceyJames Corden before he was slim and went over to the states. Set in South Wales and London clash of cultures both very funny and sentimental.
- •HebburnAnother clash of cultures based on British regions. Set in the unique town of Hebburn and it's culture. I lived and worked there so have a personal connection
- •The Thick of itPolitical comedy (warning not for those who don't appreciate swearing. See Doctor Who in a different light) charting the behind the scenes world of a government minister and thier department.
- •The IT crowdTwo IT needs in a basement of a big company perfectly happy until a new manager is imposed on them. Very funny
- •SpacedA bit older than the rest but brilliant the adventures of 3 nerdy housemates loads of cult scfi references. The Corneto trilogy of movies came from the same comic minds of Nick frost and Simon Peg
- •Black booksComply set I an independent book store trying to survive against the odds. With more exciting coffee serving bean bag providing store opens up.
- •Inside number 9More a dark comic drama than straight comedy individual tails set behind different doors with number 9 on them.
- •These are just some of my suggestions with a day to think it over. NB. Sorry no photos except Gavin and Stacey my List app has suddenly stop giving me the option to put in photos or GIFs etc.
- •Stella UKSuggested by @jannychan
- •Hilarious!Suggested by @cvlop61
- •The Trip and the Trip ItalyWith Rob Brydon and Steve Cogan beautiful humour food and scenery