Confusion, fishing, and Norway.
- •A school guidance counselor told me I was stupid and would never do/be anything worthwhile. I believed him.
- •So, confused and depressed about what to do/be I worked as a fisherman on a large Norwegian fishing trawler.
- •I did this for four years.
- •Then I got a degree.
- •I've worked as a writer in creative broadcast industries who have employed me because of my education, but also because I have lived, doing unusual things like working as a fisherman on a large Norwegian fishing trawler.
- •My work has enabled me to see the world.
- •I wonder what that guidance councilor is doing right now?
- •I d like to tell him that sometimes being told you're stupid is the best thing that can happen to you.
- •And tell him that he's a fucking idiot.