Cool Shit About My Mom, on the Anniversary of Her Passing
My mom died three years ago. It was sudden, it was in Paris, and it still fucking sucks. However, my mom was, quite literally, the coolest woman alive. In honor of her memory, here's some cool shit she did in her life.
- •Came in 2nd Place at the San Francisco Hookers' Ball Costume ContestShe lived in San Francisco in the 70s, and dressed up like a sexy trolley car. Woman had flair.
- •"Dated" Danny ElfmanThat's pretty sweet.
- •Was an executive producer at NPR before I came along
- •Had a bachelors, masters, and 3/4s of a doctorateIn Radio/Television/Film
- •Met my dad while working for Ralph NaderTrue story. I wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Ralph Nader
- •Once met Eddie Izzard, introduced me to him, charmed the pants off of himShe was super sociable
- •Wrote a musical every year for her church choir
- •Was beloved by all
- •I miss you, mom