Notes From the Amc Executive Covering "Fear the Walking Dead"
From the latest round of pilot notes
- •"You know what people love most about The Walking Dead? Suburban family drama. Add more of that"
- •"My favorite part of 28 Days Later? A character walking through a creepy church. Get it? It's supposed to be safe, but it's not. Put it in the script"
- •"Audiences LOVE watching Andrew Lincoln fight a losing battle with an American accent. Let's hire a British kid to remind people of the mother series"
- •"The best part of Mr Robot is a junkie character who talks in a cool, slurring pattern of speech. Let's add one of those"
- •"The main characters should call each other 'babe.' That shows that they're totally in love and NOT insufferable"
- •"Can the junkie's mother look like she's five years older than her son? We don't want her to play too matronly"
- •"I worry that audiences won't get that something bad's about to happen. Can we make sure a character explicitly mentions something about chaos and that nature always wins? Incidentally, my favorite movie ever made is The Happening"
- •"What the hell ethnicity is Cliff Curtis? Fuck it, he's playing Latin-ish"
- •"Follow up to my earlier note. Make sure the female lead says 'Something bad happened here.' We have to remind the audience that zombies are spooky"