Outback Steakhouse Menu Items, Ranked by Authenticity
- •Bloomin' OnionOnions can't grow in Australia. Instead, they deep-fry turnips and rocks, creating a similar dish called a "Fry-em-up Woznasty."
- •Hickory Smoked Pound of MuttonAustralians LOVE eating mutton by the pound, but prefer cedar wood.
- •Grilled Terror BirdWhile Terror Bird IS a native ingredient, it's traditionally eaten in a meat pie.
- •BrownLarge slabs of sliced, unidentifiable brown matter are very popular in New Zealand, but not common in Australia.
- •Pulverized KangarooPulverized kangaroo is a popular bar snack in Canberra, but Americans ruin the regional delicacy by adding sour cream to it.
- •Egg WhiskeyThis distilled egg product is popular in Australia's Gold Coast, where it's made out of platypus eggs.
- •Crispy Fried Pig AssholesWildly popular in Australia under the name "Pork Yummies."
- •Shrimp In A BarbieFreshly grilled shrimp stuffed inside a children's toy is an everyday staple of Australian cuisine.