Selections Vegetarians Are Tired of Seeing on Restaurant Menus
Really guys? You're chefs. You're restaurateurs. Get creative.
- •ZucchiniI don't care how you're preparing it, zucchini are cucumber's less flavorful & less liked cousins. Quit trying to fill my belly with this lazy & tired waste of water. I mean, has anyone ever said, "You know what this needs? Zucchini!" Nope. Never. And for the record, it's only good in zucchini bread cause you can't taste the little bit of taste zucchini has & essentially, zucchini bread is cake.
- •Red pepper
- •Egg plantUnless it's a core ingredient (I'm talking: baba ghanoush or moussaka) it's just filler. NEXT!
- •The above three things grilled and on a sandwichPlease stop this practice immediately.
- •Anything "Caprese"Yeah. It's good. I get it. Damn good. Drizzle a little balsamic reduction on top & you're more than golden. It's so good you put it on your menu as an option for vegetarians- JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. MoveOn.org!
- •Store-bought veggie pattysMaybe I'm being overly critical but if you want to offer a veggie burger, how about a little creativity? I can buy Garden Burgers & make them at home. I don't. But I could.
- •Pasta PrimaveraPlaces that make their own fresh pasta exempt, obviouslySuggested by @erinhickey
- •Portobello burgersThey're almost always rubbery, and just filling them with cheese and frying them does not solve that problem I'm looking at you Shake ShackSuggested by @roseveleth