Worst Jewish Superheroes
I wanted to make a list of the best Jewish superheroes & found the worst ones to be much more entertaining. Also, I’m trying to stick to just mainstream publications, not something created by Jewish publishers for a Jewish audience (though there are plenty and they are ridiculous).
- •Greenberg the Vampire (Marvel)"Greenberg and the vampires of his world differ somewhat from the vampires of [mainstream Marvel Universe continuity]. He does have enlarged canine teeth and requires blood to survive. He can easily live off of animal blood, preserved blood, etc., and he has almost never fed directly from a living person [etc.]..."
- •Jewcano (Cartoon Network)"Jewcano is one-fifth of Minoriteam, a merry band of ethnic bad-asses who use their racial stereotypes to fight stereotypes. As part of the Cartoon Network's late-night "Adult Swim" lineup, … Neil Horvitz, known as Jewcano -- as in part-Jewish, part volcano merges "all the power of the Jewish faith" (that's according to a press release) with a volcano."
- •Acidic Jew (Image)"Acidic Jew does not refer to himself as a "superhero," he does have a super-power and he is heroic in his actions and intentions to do good for humanity. The Acidic Jew, however, is the only Hasidic Jewish superhero character” in mainstream comics."
- •Rabbi Zone (DC)"Rabbi Zone is the last of the Zone Magi still on Earth, entrusted with protecting the Dimensional Zone and enforcing order on the Cosmos."
- •Dreidel (DC)"Dreidel is the youthful assistant of Rabbi Zone. He can whirl himself around like his namesake toy. He goes "Golly" and "Gee Whiz" a lot."
- •Ramban (DC)"Ramban is an overtly Jewish superhero in DC Comics. Ramban is a rabbi, an observant Jew, and the leader of the Jewish/Israeli superhero team Hayoth."