11 STYLISH "BASICS" EVERY FASHION GIRL OWNS
Ask our editors what their most fundamental wardrobe staples are, and these are the types of answers you will get.
- •Black Moto JacketA staple item for every wardrobe and #1 on this list for a reason. Worth the investment and only gets better with time.
- •Striped Button-Down BlouseLike your white button-down shirt, but a little more interesting.
- •Pointed-Toe SlidesThe perfect blend of comfort, polish, and cool.
- •Mom JeansWe’re partial to vintage Levi’s 501 jeans, especially the ones from Re/Done.
- •Mini BagThe puppy version of a purse.
- •Lace-Up HeelsThese are the shoes that make you want to say "ooh la la." They go just as well with a party frock as they do a pair of jeans.
- •Reformation DressMinimalist and oh-so-cool. Bonus points for being environmentally-friendly!
- •Graphic TeesIntroduce a graphic tee to any "traditional" outfit formula (such as a blazer paired with a skirt and heels) for an instantly more stylish and sporty look.
- •Dainty RingsIf you've ever been on Instagram or Pinterest, you know this to be true.
- •Denim JacketPerhaps the most versatile piece of outerwear of all time. Drape it, later it, cuff it, roll it: There are endless ways to style one of these, and you can probably steal one from the brother/father/boyfriend/pal in your life or score a great one at a thrift store on the cheap.
- •Round SunglassesAndrogynous, timeless, and a little less predictable than oversized shades.