THE BEST TIMES OF YEAR TO BUY CLOTHING FOR LESS!
Because smart shopping is the only way to go, obvi.
- •JANUARYSuits (it's a slow month, so retailers often lower prices), post-holiday sales (there are lots!), fitness gear (New Year's resolutions = good prices on gym stuff).
- •FEBRUARYJewelry (esp right before Valentine's Day, it's sales galore).
- •MARCHLuggage (not technically clothing, but clothes do go INSIDE it), thanks Soring Break!
- •APRILRaincoats. They're priced to move before May's sunnier days roll around. ALSO: Vintage clothes. ALSO: Spring clothing, shoes, and accessories start going on sale.
- •MAYSpring/Summer designer clothing, shoes, and accessories. ALSO: workout clothes (part two!).
- •JULY/AUGUSTSummer items!!! If you want more sale sizes to choose from, shop in July. August offers better discounts, but fewer sizes because the merch is more picked over.
- •AUGUSTSwimsuits! (It starts in July, but there are FIRE sales in August.)
- •OCTOBERJeans! ALSO: Fall/Winter designer clothing, shoes, and accessories. ALSO: watch for Friends & Family sales.
- •NOVEMBERLuxury items (especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday). ALSO: pajamas (later in the month). ALSO: sneakers.
- •DECEMBEROuterwear. ALSO: boots. ALSO: lots of end-of-year clearance sales, so keep your eyes peeled!