WHAT NICKNAME SHOULD I PUT ON THE BACK OF MY SOFTBALL JERSEY? ➕
I play on the esteemed softball team of The Paris Review. This is the first year we are shelling out for shirts that have names on the back, and I can't decide on what to put on mine!
- •Tammy TaylorI consider myself sort of the den mother of the team
- •Adam "Edmund" WilsonToo literary? Too long?
- •Watch It FlyThis is my actual nickname on the team because I like to watch my home runs sail over the fence rather than run because I'm lazy and cocky. It can be a source of embarrassment when they don't go over the fence and I get thrown out at first. Not sure it's funny enough to make the shirt.
- •Philip RothI feel like it would be funny to have a Philip Roth jersey. con: people would think I am comparing myself to Philip Roth. Marco Roth, who pitches for n+1, wears a Passolini jersey.
- •Some clever reference to a character in Bad news bears, the sandlot, major league, bull Durham, or another of the great baseball movies of my youth? Help me out @josh @maris @Rachsyme @LevNovak @gcowles @Becky
- •Dave KeggersSuggested by @LevNovak
- •A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering PenisSuggested by @LevNovak
- •All the way MaeSuggested by @mmckw
- •Foul Balzac
- •Roy HobblesSuggested by @gcowles