TOP 10 GAMES OF 2015
2015 was a GREAT year in gaming. Here are my 10 favorite games from the past 12 months.
- •Life Is StrangeA beautiful, haunting, heartbreaking tale. A wonderful game.
- •Her StoryMan, everyone should play this. It's an experience unlike any I've had in gaming. And I love the ambiguous ending! Truly a remarkable achievement.
- •Rise of the Tomb RaiderStill can't believe how good this was. I really enjoyed the first one, but this one was practically perfect. Stunningly beautiful, mechanically perfect, and a pretty decent story. All in all, the most fun I had with any game.
- •Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom PainI am on record as someone who actively dislikes the entire Metal Gear franchise post-Solid. Imagine my surprise when V ended up being one of the finest open world/stealth games I've ever played. It is a shining example of how far perfect mechanics can get you.
- •Disney Infinity 3.0The first two iterations of this game just never grabbed me, but I have LOVED my time with this one. Feels so much smoother, the combat feels tight, and the vehicle controls are so much fun! Not even counting how amazing the character models are (both physically and digitally). I'm glad my son got it for Christmas.
- •The Room 3The first two are two of my all-time favorite games, and the third is right on par. The series as a whole moves into my all-time favorite series list.
- •Just Cause 3Just plain fun. Story? Couldn't tell you. Hours upon hours of blowing crap up? Yeah, now that we've got.
- •Batman: Arkham KnightThis is my least favorite of the three main Arkham games, but it's still pretty decent. I had a good time with it, I didn't even mind most of the Batmobile stuff like most people did. I did feel like it was a few hours too long, and the Riddler challenges were much less fulfilling this time. There were just too many of them, and their resolution was just unsatisfying. Still a good conclusion to the trilogy.
- •The Talos PrincipleThe PC version came out in December of '14, but the PS4 version came out this year, so I'm counting it! This game scratched that Portal 2 itch for me. Brilliant puzzles and an engrossing story. Highly recommended.
- •Rocket LeagueWhat a surprise! I think soccer sucks, but rocket soccer in souped up cars? Aces!