THINGS THAT SCARED ME AT 10 VS THINGS THAT SCARE ME AT 35
Funny how things change.
- •10: My 10yo friends being mean to me.Kids are so mean.
- •35: My 10yo's friends being mean to her.Like, SO MEAN.
- •10: Failing a test.I had a mental block about memorizing math facts. I was sadly very familiar with facing this fear.
- •35: Failing. Period.And succeeding. And really anything that involves change.
- •10: Disappointing my parents.Somehow they always knew when I lied about my homework.
- •35: Disappointing my kids.Do I spend too much time on my phone? Am I doing it now?
- •10: Stranger danger.Windowless vans meant run the other way.
- •35: Oh god that construction guy is really part of a sex trafficking ring isn't he?? My kids can never leave the house again.
- •10: Strep ThroatAnything but that stupid strawberry medicine again.
- •35: CancerI may have been banned from using WebMD.
- •10: That one vampire story from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.You know the one. I had nightmares for years.
- •35: That one vampire story from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.Guess what? I still do.