WHY I WANT TO MOVE BACK TO GERMANY.
I used to live in Germany, once as a child and then again as a young mother. My oldest son was born there. I've been back to visit, which confirmed to me that I still love Germany and its people. I think about it, a lot. It feels like home to me. Here is why...
- •I have great memories.
- •It's the most beautiful country, visually, next to Switzerland.
- •The language sounds rough but the people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people in the world.
- •The language is fairly easy to learn...the grammar...not so much.
- •These days it's so much easier to keep in touch with friends and family via modern technology.When I lived in Germany before it was very difficult to keep in touch. I missed my family desperately, it cost a fortune to call them. We didn't have a phone so I had to go to the post office around the corner to call my parents, collect! I wrote my parents and my friends all the time, but it took a week or more for them to get my letters and then, of course, another week + for me to get a reply. It was also hard for them to watch my daughter grow up via photos. But now? No more issues. :)
- •America has become dangerous.Between the crazy people and the crazy people with guns, I don't feel safe. When I say crazy I don't mean mentally ill. I mean hate speech, end of days, conspiracy theory crazy.
- •Vilification of those less fortunate, overt racism, and lawmakers need to turn back the clock to the 1950's.
- •Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum...etc.Do I even need to explain?