THE 10 STAGES OF PICKING A MOVIE TO WATCH
Proof that good times can never be pure / must be preceded by pain.
- 1.A solid 10 mins of assessing how tired I am / wondering whether I'll be able to concentrate on a 'good' movie or if I should just go with fun fluff.
- 2.Sifting through my hard drive which has a few hundred GBs of movies arranged by director, genre, and year of release.
- 3.Stopping at the Godard folder, steeling myself to watch something I know I'll love but find a hard time taking the initiative to start.
- 4.Stopping at the Almodovar folder, soul searching, wondering whether I have it in me to spend a couple of hours having my mind and soul tickled pink and fucked with.
- 5.Fast forward to the chick flick folder.
- 6.Stop at Love Jones. Talk self out of watching Love Jones for the fifth time. Give self a max of five minutes to fantasize about Nina and Darius.
- 7.Check time.
- 8.Calculate how many hours before I'll have to be up again for work.
- 9.Backpedal out of the movie folder into the tv show folder.
- 10.Watch five episodes of Buffy instead.