10 Best Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episodes
I'm a Buffphile for sure so here are my picks for the ten best episodes of all 7 seasons. I will try to put them in chronological order.
- •Prophecy Girl: Season 1 -Buffy may die but she becomes a warrior!
- •Surprise: Season 2Buffy and Angel make love and he pays the ultimate price.
- •Becoming Part One and Two: Season 2I know it's a cheat to put two together but I see it as a one episode. Angels back story and a heart wrenching Goodbye.
- •The Prom: Season 3One of the lighter sides of Buffy. She gets recognized for her sacrifices and a surprise date.
- •Hush: Season 4An episode with almost no dialog? This Emmy winning episode helped TV expectations evolve!
- •The Body: Season 5An episode played in real time shows the Slayer (constantly surrounded by horror) can be horrified. Masterpiece. Almost worth the loss of Joyce... almost.
- •The Gift: Season 5Brilliant, suspenseful and heart breaking. We watch the Slayer make the ultimate sacrifice. "The hardest part about this world is living in it."
- •Once More With Feeling: Season 6Revolutionizing television Joss Whedon and Christophe Beck create a musical episode. On paper it sounds insane, in motion it's in a word, delightful. Still love show ending kiss.
- •Tabula Rosa: Season 6As Willow's obsession with her powers escalates it starts to affect the Scooby Gang. Everything comes to a head. As Tara packs we hear Michelle Branch singing "Goodbye To You". Still one of my favorite songs to this day.
- •Grave: Season 6Willow has gone batty and in a beautiful, unexpected twist Xander saves the day.
- •Honorable Mentions: Crash, Chosen and Normal Again