10 Times Blink-182 Were Poets
This band is near and dear to my heart, these are the lyrics that sound like poetry to me. @markhoppus
- 1."Don't remind me/put your past behind me/shine so bright it blinds me/wish that this would end. And I am not fine/last night I saw you online/your screen name used to be mine/but can't we just pretend?"
- 2."Hey mom, there's something in the back room. Hope it's not the creatures from above. You used to read me stories, as if my dreams were boring, we all know conspiracies are dumb."
- 3."If a stupid poem could fix this home, I'd read it every day."
- 4."Fell in love with the girl at the Rock show/she said 'what?' and I told her that I didn't know."I swear to god if you don't inherently understand the alt lit before its time amazingness of this lyric I can't help you.
- 5."16 just held such better days Days when I still felt alive We couldn't wait to get outside The world was wide, too late to try The tour was over we'd survived I couldn't wait till I got home To pass the time in my room alone"
- 6."Oh no it happened again: She's cool, she's hot, she's my friend."Again, alt lit poetry.
- 7."She said nah nah nah nah nah I just forgot you were there."
- 8."I had that dream about you again/where I wait outside until you let me in"The simplicity of this is beautiful to me.
- 9."I haven't been this scared in a long time/and im so unprepared, so here's your valentine: bouquet of clumsy words, a simple melody/this world's an ugly place, but you're so beautiful to me."
- 10."This place was never the same again after you came and went/ How can you say you meant anything different to anyone?/standing alone with a cigarette/on the first night we met. Look to the past and remember and smile/and maybe tonight I can breathe for a while.......im not in this scene, I think I'm falling asleep/but then all that it means is I'll always be dreaming of you.
- 11.@richardrushfield can I do something like this for HitFix?
- 12.@hannah suggestions?
- 13.everything has fallen to pieces/earth is dying help me jesus/we need guidance we've been misled/young and hostile but not stupidSuggested by @miggles36
- 14.and it's happened once again/i'll turn to a friend/someone that understands/sees thru the master plan/but everybody's gone/and i've been here for too long/to face this on my own/well i guess this is growing upSuggested by @miggles36
- 15.EVERYTHING BLINK 182 HAS EVER DONE IS POETRY. All hail @markhoppusSuggested by @hannah