1989 and the Art of Letting Go
What is this list
- •Shake it OffA song that tells us to let go of the things that burden us and make us sad. People are who they are...let it go.
- •Blank SpaceWhen it came out a year ago, I thought it was sad to think Taylor is going into a relationship expecting it to be doomed. Now it seems interestingly zen. "So hey let's be friends/I'm dying to see how this one ends". Wholeheartedly embracing inevitable loss.
- •Wildest DreamsRadical acceptance of the fact that nothing lasts forever. Making the best of this reality. "Promise you'll remember me standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset, babe."
- •All you had to do was stayHere she's practically bragging about how good she is at letting go. "People like you always want back the love they pushed aside/and people like me are gone forever when they say goodbye." Question: has she really let go of this??
- •Bad BloodOooh, yikes. Not so much letting go here. More bragging about how good she is at letting go of people, but in doing so she is ironically showing how she is in fact in no way shaking it off. Practice what you preach!! "We got problems and I don't think we can solve them". What happened to enlightened Taylor from blank space?