A Guide to My Hometown, Venice California
Suggested by List App, the best app there is.
- •The CanalsModeled after the canals of Venice Italy. Romantic and heavenly. Raise your hand if you've never been and I will take you there.
- •Abbot KinneyGrowing up this street was too dangerous to go to. Now it is strictly for basic bitches only. Every time I go to Abbot Kinney it has taken big strides towards total and complete white washing. It thinks it's hip. You're not hip abbot Kinney I fucking miss tortilla grill.
- •BarsThe Brig, Roosterfish (gay dive bar. Still v real).
- •CafesAbbot's Habit. Standing strong in the face of rampant gentrification. History: when I was two years old I slammed my fingers in their piano. I bet that hurt. Also they used to have these rice Krispy treats that were half dipped in chocolate. Jesus I miss my childhood. Stupid cafes: inteligentsia and zinque.
- •StoresIdk are you a millionaire? If not you can't shop here anymore. If you are (hi, millionaires!) then get some boots at Fiorentini and Baker, or a $200 t shirt at Koko. Or handmade shoes from Japan at Waraku. @natasha suggestions?
- •Local celebsMel Brooks, John Slaterry, sometimes Natalie Portman.... @natasha others?
- •CrackYou can still get crack on the corner of California and like 7th I think. But you didn't hear it from me.