How to Feel Safe When You're Not Feeling Safe
Or, how to deal with panic attacks.
- •Get under the blankets.It's so safe under there. Your personal cocoon.
- •Put on firefly lightsIf you don't own firefly lights you should buy some. You can get them at rite aid for like five dollars.
- •Light candles.Similar to firefly lights but also provides warmth and that smell of a burning wick that is so comforting.
- •Meditate.This will either calm your mind, give you perspective, put you into a deep sleep, or all of the above.
- •Eat ice cream.
- •Text your best friend.Or call if you're really deep in a bad place.
- •Watch a tv show where nothing bad ever really happens.e.g Friends
- •Watch a tv show where everything bad happens and the world goes on and is still so fucking beautiful.e.g Six Feet Under
- •Take a shower or bath with soaps and salts with soothing smells.Alliteration is also happens to be helpful in desperate times of feeling unsafe.
- •Visit your nearest Tiffany's.Nothing very bad can happen at Tiffany's. Bring sunglasses, silk gloves, and a pastry for extra flair.